Benefits and key features
CTU Student Card
The first issue of the CTU student card is free of charge (in case of loss or damage a fee of CZK 200 is applied), as well as the extension of validity of the card.
The card is used:
- to verify identity of the holder when entering the CTU premises,
- in the CTU libraries and in the National Technical Library,
- for meals at the premises of the Service Facilities Administration of the CTU (canteens),
- to verify identity in the CTU security systems,
- as a proof of study for external organizations (i.e. transport companies, financial institutions, etc.) in order to get student discounts and free entries according to internal rules of these companies,
- as a proof of study when purchasing Prague public transport ticket,
- for payments in the CTU Payment System (printing, parking).
CTU Student Card with ISIC license
ISIC card may be issued also to a student over 26 years of age. The issue of the card is charged according to the price list:
First card – CZK 380 , replacement in case of loss or damage – CZK 200 , extension of card validity – CZK 180.
Use of the card is the same as for the CTU student card plus:
- the only internationally accepted student identification in 130 countries,
- discounts on transportation,
- favourable student tariff for calls and data,
- discounts in cinemas, theaters and other cultural institutions,
- discounts at festivals and other cultural events,
- discounts in selected shops and restaurants,
- discounts at selected ski resorts,
- an annual bonus for student bank account (only in selected banks).
- Student must be registered in the CTU Information System, we recommend to come for the card on the following day after the registration for studies has taken place.
- When applying for the card it is necessary to bring:
- identity card (ID card or passport)
- it is recommended that you also bring a colour photo of yourself of the ID format with following parameters:
- the photo must show entire face from the front, current user appearance, with a light monochromatic background and has to be well readable,
- if the photo is not available, student will be digitally photographed in the CTU Card Office for free.
For more information on using cards see the rules: Podmínky pro vydávání a používání průkazů typu student ČVUT (in Czech only).
Some operations related to card issuance and complaint are subject to a fee. See the Price List for details (in Czech only).