It is a basic identification card of the CTU student. The user can choose from two types of ID cards:
CTU student card or CTU student card with ISIC license
Benefits and key features
CTU Student Card
The first issue of the CTU student card is free of charge (in case of loss or damage a fee of CZK 200 is applied), as well as the extension of validity of the card.
The card is used:
- to verify identity of the holder when entering the CTU premises,
- in the CTU libraries and in the National Technical Library,
- for meals at the premises of the Service Facilities Administration of the CTU (canteens),
- to verify identity in the CTU security systems,
- as a proof of study for external organizations (i.e. transport companies, financial institutions, etc.) in order to get student discounts and free entries according to internal rules of these companies,
- as a proof of study when purchasing Prague public transport ticket,
- for payments in the CTU Payment System (printing, parking).
CTU card with ISIC license
ISIC card may be issued also to a student over 26 years of age. The issue of the card is charged according to the price list:
First card – CZK 380 , replacement in case of loss or damage – CZK 200 , extension of card validity – CZK 180.
Use of the card is the same as for the CTU student card plus:
- the only internationally accepted student identification in 130 countries,
- discounts on transportation,
- discounts in cinemas, theaters and other cultural institutions,
- discounts at festivals,
- discounts in selected shops and restaurants,
- discounts at selected ski resorts,
- an annual bonus for student bank account (only in selected banks).
- Student must be registered in the CTU Information System, we recommend to come for the card on the following day after the registration for studies has taken place.
- When applying for the card it is necessary to bring:
– identity card (ID card or passport)
– it is advisable to have a coloured photo of a passport size that will be scanned and returned back. If the photo is not available, student will be digitally photographed in the CTU Card Office for free (data is not transferable to the student).
- Students of doctoral study programs are advised to bring a certificate of study (when applying for an ISIC card or extending an ISIC card)
For more information on using cards see the rules: Podmínky pro vydávání a používání průkazů typu student ČVUT (in Czech only).
Some operations related to card issuance and complaint are subject to a fee. See the Price List for details (in Czech only).